This is my dog, Lily. My sister and I bought her, without my dads permission and brought her home as a puppy about a year ago. My dad hates her, but me & my 2 sisters love her to death. This dog helps me cope with my depression and shes always great company to my sisters and I. My dad describes her as “tolerable.” Today, after having this dog for over a year, my dad is saying she needs to go, while he is angry at us for bringing her home, she has become part of the family and we can’t get rid of her, it’s too painful. After begging my dad for a while, he was still stuck on getting rid of her. I mentioned tumblr as a final option, and surprisingly he agreed to it. If I can get 200,000 notes by the end of July, we can keep her. He thinks it’s impossible, but I have faith. I’ve seen tumblr do it before. Please guys help me, I love this dog more than myself. Please oh please :c
ALL OF MY FOLLOWERS BETTER REBLOG THIS
Dad, you are a bozo.
Dogs like Ruger are the reason that Badass as founded. This poor boy was shot in the neck and left by the side of the road to die in Vidalia, GA. Fortunately, someone found him and brought him to a local vet. Ruger’s a fighter that not only survived, but also still loves people and the simple pleasures of snuggling and play! He is friendly with dogs, cats, children and people.
If you are interested in giving Ruger a new beginning, email adopt [at] badassbk [dot] com
$500 reward for finding my friend’s lost chihuahua. Last seen in Greenpoint Brooklyn near McGolrick Park.
Her name is Myrtle. She may be wearing a bright, light-reflective collar.
How To Dress For A Police Riot
If you’re going into an environment where you are likely to encounter hostile police forces, it’s best to be prepared.
- Wear comfortable clothing that won’t inhibit your movement. You may need to run from aggressive police.
- Wear boots or shoes that cannot be ripped off your feet easily. The police sometimes try to snatch these off to make it harder for their victims to get away. Dirty trick, really.
- Wear a white or light colored shirt. This may seem at odds with the dominant activist dress code of all black, but if the police beat you up, your blood will photograph much more dramatically on light clothing. Your lawyer will thank you.
- Carry a hanky. Not only are they quite dapper, a hanky can be doused in vinegar and carried in a ziplock baggie. You’ll be able to breath through it when the police teargas you.
- Bring a bandana. Tied around your neck, it will keep some of the chemical weapons which police spray on you off of delicate skin. You can fold your bandana to put over your phone as padding for when police hit your pockets with their batons as they try to break devices that can be used to record their actions. (Giant Eye sells Anonymous bandanas with lots of helpful information printed on them, but any bandana will do.)
- Write your lawyer’s phone number on the inside of your arm in permanent ink. The ACLU’s number is (212) 607-3300. The National Lawyer’s Guild number is (212) 679-5100.
- Wear clean cotton socks and underwear. If police arrest you, you will probably be in these for 2-3 days, unless you have a support system to bail you out. Actually, even if you have a support system to bail you out, the police may hold you hostage if you refuse to submit to their biometrics database.
- Don’t wear makeup or lotion. Chemical weapons like mace and pepper spray cling to these and are more easily washed off of bare skin.
- If you have your period, use pads or cups. Police will probably not provide arrestees with adequate facilities to change tampons before toxic shock sets in.
- Bring a goody bag. Fill a water bottle with 50/50 milk of magnesia and water. This is good for flushing your or your neighbor’s eyes when the police pepperspray you. Bring candy. If you are arrested, you will likely not be given food for a long while, if at all, and this can prevent dangerous drops in blood sugar.
This is for satirical purposes only. Be complacent, don’t resist arrest (even if those arrests are illegal) and do whatever the good officers politely instruct you to do. Jawohl.
Albert got adopted from Badass Brooklyn. His humans bring him back sometimes to play with his old comrades.
He is available for adoption through Badass Brooklyn, who also have a fuckton of other awesome dogs. But Hogan is the awesome-est.
This is Tilly, short for Mathilda. She’s an older girl from Virginia, rescued by Badass Brooklyn. Sara & I had her out during Bushwick Open Studios on Sunday, June 3rd, where we were welcomed into lovely shops at the Loom.
Thanks a bunch to Better Than Jam & Tomahawk Salon!